Camo Smock by SORD
Introducing the new SORD Smock. This camo smock has been designed based on feedback from professional operators from around the world. Currently in use in some of the most demanding environments around the world.
The A-TACS Camo, Kryptek, and MultiCam smocks are made from 100% NYCO material. The Tan smock is made from a high quality ripstop cotton.
- This smock features a larger than normal hood. Pliable tubing is used instead of wire which is commonly used in smock designs.
- The SORD smock has a total of eleven pockets. Five pockets are found in the waist area, two pockets will be found on each bicep area, and there are four pockets on the chest.
- On the bicep you will find one pocket with a zipper opening main pouch. There is also a small pocket which opens on the top and ideal for range cards, etc. The outside of the pocket has a 4x4 velco panel. If you prefer not to use this feature each smock has a spare panet of matching material to cover the velcro.
- On the chest you have two large pockets with button closures. There are also two side zip opening pockets which allow for easy access.
- In the chest area there is a zipper opening which allows access to garments and/or equipment under the smock.
- The other pockets in the waist area have large slotted buttons and offer easy access. Waist pockets are the same size as the larger chest sized pockets
- Forearm areas are reinforced with 1000D cordura
- Lower forearms feature four tie off points for gloves, etc.
Available Colors (See notes below)
Posted by dan on 17th Mar 2014
Very good quality and good fit. Most reviews say order 2 sizes down if not layering, I would say 1. Usually I wear between Large and XL and went with Large. One of the better smock on the market and does not need much improvement. D-rings in pockets would be nice and maybe hood retainer so you can roll up hood but thats about it.
Posted by USMC Vietnam Veteran on 24th Dec 2013
Great quality and fit. Multicam will work well for Northern Arizona Coyote hunting. Care must be taken and order smaller than you wear, as advised.
Posted by Unknown on 25th Nov 2013
Pros. Very well made. Plenty of pockets in which to carry gear: poncho, binoculars, extra magazine, emergency gear, gloves, water bottle, snacks, safety rope, etc. No need to carry a separate backpack. Climb into a treestand and everything needed can be in one's pockets. Same holds true for stalk hunting. The problem with so many pockets will be ignoring the urge to fill them up.
Cons. XL is not quite as big as led to believe -- it will do, but barely. XXL would be nice for us heavy drops. Annoying front zipper with pull on the left side. Zippers on pockets could be smaller and still more than adequate.
Overall. Quality product. Nice to have a good cammie pattern (A TACS-FG) that works well in multiple settings. Hate the ridiculous hunting patterns that that require a change of apparel if one moves from an oak tree to a hickory tree and look like wall paper for the stuffed wildlife exhibit at a museum. Expensive, but there is a lot of sewing work in the smock so that it's actually a fair price.
Posted by David Nater on 15th Oct 2013
Smock is extremely well made, no hanging threads to be found. Large size is generous and fits me well (44" waist). Sleeves are a little long for me, but as expected since I normally wear a 32" shirt. Overall, a great product.
Posted by Brandon on 15th Oct 2013
Finding anything useful in Kryptek - Mandrake is a bit of a struggle, so I was fairly excited to find that SORD began making their smock in this pattern and color.
PROS - Upon receipt, I was very pleased with the quality and design. The zippers are extremely heavy duty, the buttons are nice and large, and use straps rather than thread to sew onto the garment for extra strength. The number of pockets is great, and their design holds a lot of gear. The fanny pocket can double as a dump, and the hood is plenty big. Sizing is very spacious. I typically wear an XL, and find the L size is plenty big with enough room for a thick jacket or rig underneath. The internal waist cord is a nice touch, as well as the hem cord at the bottom for keeping out cold wind.
CONS - If it came with a breathable waterproof laminate, it would be the all-around smock.
Posted by Yote Hunter on 4th Mar 2013
Bought the large so I could layer 200 gram fleece under for early morning coyote hunt. Many pockets are great for water, calls, binoculars, ear plug, beanie etc. Shed the fleece mid-morning and still stayed comfortable.
It does have the euro style zipper, ass backwards, to our style.
A-TAC-AU color matches my Propper gear perfectly.
Posted by Ron on 23rd Feb 2012
The a-tac smock is a big hit . I have two of them , One in tan the other is in a-tac camo. sence I have been wearing them more than a dozen guys have ask about them . I refer them to your site.